Kitten Heels

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Girl with a One Track Mind 

A blog that my friends and I will rate among our favourites (as will many others I’m sure)

Two days ago the Bloke Indoors walks up to me with his hand behind his back and a silly grin on his face. I run through the obvious in my mind:
1. Flowers
2. Chocolates
3. A new vibrator he wants to try out before we go to the cinema

Any of these right? Nope.

From behind his back he pulls a copy of Abby Lee’s newly released book. I can’t help but giggle a little as I take it from him and plant a kiss on his lips.
“Its another one of those blog-book things” He says, still grinning like a Cheshire cat as I have a quick peek at some of the entries. “I thought you’d like it ‘cos it’s like the one that Katy leant you before; that prosy one”

Please do not take offence, he simply cannot remember the title of any book I have ever read unless he reads it straight after I do – he is referring to our very own Belle de Jour’s Intimate Adventures of a London Call Girl the only way he can remember it.

I’m quite chuffed that he bought it for me. It shows he was thinking of me while he was out. It shows he was actually in a bookshop and not in a video game shop and that he knows what I like to read.

However…is he trying to tell me something? He could be saying that I’m just like Ms Lee and that all I ever do is think about sex (good or bad?), he could be saying that I might be able to pick up some tips in the book, he could even be saying that this is what woman are supposed to be like and why aren’t I one of them (nah can’t be). Or he could just have thought it would be a nice little gift because he knows that I like ‘blog-books’.

He is the nicest Bloke and it will be the last one (time to feel warm and fuzzy inside).

I wonder what he would think if he knew how long I’d actually been reading up on Abby’s adventures? I couldn’t tell him, he was so proud at finding the book that I couldn’t ruin his moment, maybe I’ll just send him the link some day.

I finished the book this morning by the way. Loved it. Go and buy it. Now.

Posted by Kitten Heels @ 10:21 pm