Kitten Heels

Monday, November 06, 2006

Last night 

I can’t remember the last time I was so tired. I’m not hung over either. I knew there was a plus to not drinking.

The local Fireworks/Bonfire/Guy Fawkes Night display was deafening yet rubbish but what’s new? The Bloke Indoors and I went to a friends’ for a much nicer, warm, crackling bonfire and sparklers – the coloured kind. While I was busy writing my name in the air The Bloke leaned down and whispered If you get ready really quickly, I booked a table for dinner earlier…we have an hour and a half to get there.

This was at 7:30pm, my friends’ display hadn’t begun but they didn’t mind us sneaking off, it’s not like they’d choreographed something amazing. The Bloke was already dressed – it’s so easy for men it’s not fair: dark jeans, shoes, top that hangs just right and one of those jackets that’s simultaneously warm and smart. Oh well…we have nice shoes. This is why I found myself trying to straighten my hair and check my email while slipping my silky-stocking clad feet into platform round toe 4 inch heels while The Bloke made some calls all at once last night.

Can I multi-task or what?

I was ready in twenty minutes (a record for me) and I think I did pretty well; Straight hair, different black top, shortish black skirt, silky stockings and the most gorgeous deep and dark purple shoes. I had a silver bag. You’d ever love the combo or hate it, but it was all I had in twenty minutes. Oh, and the black lace underwear to match of course.

Going out to dinner may seem so normal to everyone, but we just don’t do it. We don’t go out for a meal of a night. Don’t know why. Just don’t. So to have this sprung on me was great. As I walked out to meet The Bloke he took me in his arms and kissed my cheek.

It was so ordinary, yet so perfect.

There is obviously a reason I’m so tired but this is getting far too long. I’ll tell you all about it soon.
Posted by Kitten Heels @ 9:49 pm