Kitten Heels

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Lazy 

I have had the most serious lazy day today. And I loved every lazy moment of it!

Woke up this morning at about 10am and was about to jump straight out of bed into the shower when I realised I had absolutely sweet FA to do. So why was I getting up and getting ready? Sod it I thought, I’m going to veg out and be a grungy little cow today. So it was back to bed for another couple of hours before groggily coming to and slithering downstairs for a much needed coffee.

I really have been a mucky cow today – I didn’t wash my hair and instead of spending a fair bit of time making myself look presentable with suitable clothing I flung on a pair of yoga pants and a t-shirt - sans bra. Then I lounged around in bed, iPod on (I really need to sort myself out some speakers for this thing at least!) with an unopened book and prepared to consume the whole thing, while also consuming the mother of all chocolate bars (the shops are prepared for Easter already kids – go grab the big bars!).

It takes a lot of effort to look decent every day ya’ know. I don’t mean make up, because I don’t wear any now. What I mean is the picking out of clothes, making sure they match, making sure they’re suitable for the day, the underwear which has to look good, feel good and (again) match, this time matching to both the other item of underwear and the clothes going on top. Finally there’s the perfume and jewellery to pick.

Don’t even get me started on picking the right shoes.

It’s all big effort and it’s all a big effort that I just couldn’t be arsed with this morning.

I think I’m going to get an early night as well, clean sheets and bare skin make for a happy me when I get up at half five tomorrow morning (or is that still tonight? Sometimes I really wonder). I have to be out by 7:30 and I don’t feel like drinking my coffee as I toddle along in my (low)heels tomorrow for the first time since I bust my ankle. So up earlier that the birds it is for me tomorrow.

Told you takes a lot of bloody effort. Two hours! Why couldn’t I have been born a man?

Oh and the book was great; The Time Traveller’s Wife by Aubrey Niffenegger. I cried my eyes out at the end.

Told you I was a girl.
Posted by Kitten Heels @ 8:58 pm