Kitten Heels

Monday, August 06, 2007

Cleaning house 

So I've been doing a lot of cleaning recently. Mostly the kind of cleaning that involves sweeping things off shelves into bin bags because it's really just a shelf full of accumalated crap, I'm moving soon and its better to get it all out of the way...dontchya think?

I used to be quite a keen horse rider, I have a couple of rosettes and a mini trophy to my name (nothing bit, but fun), but more than that I have all the paraphenalia that a rider needs: hat, crop, boots, those nasty beige trousers and a really weird jacket. All of this has been in a box in the cupboard under the stairs for so long that it almost appeared part of the building.

Not three days ago, as I was on my knees purposfully pulling out junk and The Bloke lounged carelessly on the sofa watching telly I came across this ancient box and plonked it at his feet.

Out came my fetching yellow and blue silk cap which once covered my riding hat and (of course) out came my riding crop (which I've actually never used!)

"Hmmm..." He mused, tossing the cap onto my head "Now you can look like a real knob jockey...but I think that I'll look after the crop!"

This could be an interesting week......
Posted by Kitten Heels @ 8:59 pm